When you have decided to buy a commercial security system for your business, you may be asking yourself what are the most important features that you should look out for. There are many features in a home security system that may be more or less important depending upon your individual situation, but in general there are a few that you should pay special attention to before making your purchase decision.
Features you need to consider include:
- Access Control: You need to have control over who can enter your building and who will have their access denied. An electronic system to control this access is one of the most important features of any security system.
- I-Tech Cameras: A good camera surveillance system is a twofold advantage. It provides a deterrent to those who would commit unauthorized activities and can aid in immediate response or a recorded record of those activities.
- Alarms: These can come in two varieties; an audible alarm to deter unauthorized entry and make it more conspicuous, or a silent alarm meant to summon authorities and aid in investigation or apprehension.
When you are evaluating the worth of a potential commercial security system you have to take these three important features and apply them to your own situation. There are three questions that you need to ask in order to determine this:
- Does your building have many potential points of access that need to be controlled?
- Are there placements were a camera will be both visible and effective?
- What kind of alarm will be more valuable: one that deters unlawful activity or one that can immediately summon help without the perpetrator being aware of it?
These questions may vary by your business, as a property that merely wishes to reduce incidents of trespassing and vagrancy may have different priorities than one that has a real danger of break-ins for the purpose of theft. When you have answered these questions, you will be better prepared to begin shopping for your personalized security solution.